1. The first light is very important for the longevity of your candle. When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Depending on the container size, this should take around 1-3 hours. Lighting your candle correctly will prevent "tunneling" which will limit the life of your new soy candle.
2. Soy wax candles need to be trimmed regularly. trim your wick to about 1/4 before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle.
3. If soot forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth.
4. Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip the wick into the melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking , prevent hot wax from splattering and will help with re-lighting the next time. Do not blow out!
5. Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
6. Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
7. Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
8. Please remember the candles are hand poured, therefore every candle will be a little different. When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may notice imperfections like darker spots or "wet" spots in your candles. The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven. These are all signs of natural soy wax being hand poured.